Direct Support Professional
REM Iowa, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges.
THRIVE AS A CAREGIVER AT SEVITA. EACH DAY, YOU’LL
- Be proud of rewarding work helping people have one vision to grow, learn, and live well
- Develop real, meaningful relationships with the individuals you serve
- Experience ownership and trust from your leaders to do what’s right for participants
- Take initiative to help participants be part of the community and enjoy their favorite activities
- Support participants with developmental goals like budgeting, exercise, and nutrition
You’ll assist people with their access to personal hygiene and support individuals who can have behavioral challenges and other complex needs. If you’re compassionate, patient, and find meaning in this type of work, you'll find a promising vision for the future at Sevita as a caregiver.
EVERY PERSON DESERVES A FULFILLING CAREER AS A CAREGIVER
- Competitive Pay: Hourly rate $14.00 and full benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week, including a 401(k) with a 3% company match
- Recruitment Bonus (qualifications need to be met)
- Time Off: Paid time off plus holiday pay to recharge so you can be your best at work
- Network of Support: Supervisors who care deeply about the participants and your wellbeing
- Job Security: A stable job at an established, growing company
- Learning and Development: We invest in your development and provide the tools and training you need to have a fulfilling career
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO SEVITA AS A CAREGIVER
- Experience: Must be 18 years old or older. High school diploma or equivalent required. Six months of experience in human services, direct care, or care coordination preferred
- Skills: Communication, adaptability, multi-tasking, teamwork, time-management
- Behaviors: Patient, compassionate, reliable, responsible
- Vehicle: Valid Driver's license and access to a registered vehicle with access to proof of insurance
Apply today, access and explore Caregiver careers, well lived at Sevita.
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets