Prairie Ridge Integrated Behavioral Healthcare, providing services and programs anchored by the values of dignity and respect for our patients and staff, is accepting applications for a Billing Specialist.
A partial list of the duties for this position include assist in gathering third-party payer information from patients and collecting all appropriate releases, assist in contacting third-party payers regarding payments, generating claims, monitoring and sending statements on a monthly basis for collecting payments, and providing information to the Fiscal Manager about refunds that are due or accounts sent over to collections.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable with computers, as you will be using a computer with various Microsoft Office as well as other industry specific programs for the majority of your day. Medical insurance billing knowledge is required. Medical coding language and skills are highly desired.
Confidentiality with patient information, the ability to learn quickly, and ability to be a warm, compassionate, and positive representation to our visitors of Prairie Ridge is a must for the ideal candidate we are looking for.
This position is an 8am-5pm M-F position.
Prairie Ridge provides competitive wages, paid time off, and generous cafeteria benefit plan for Full-Time employees.
- Understanding of the mission of Prairie Ridge and the patients we work with.
- Medical insurance billing knowledge is required. Medical coding language and skills are highly desired.
- Proficiency in managing manual and computerized data collection systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in preparing and filing insurance claims.
- Ability to meet the public and agency patients in a warm, helpful manner.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Insurance Billing: 3 years (Required)