Alliant Energy is currently recruiting for a Meter Reader to be located in Mason City, IA. This is a project position and is expected to last 6 to 12 months. It may be filled as part time or full time, within the hours of M-F from 7:00am to 3:30pm. In this position you will drive our service territory to read and record meter readings from all residential, commercial, industrial and rural meters using a handheld device. A valid driver's license is required.
You will appreciate the family friendly hours, a great culture and positive crew dynamic! We offer competitive pay starting over $20/hour and you are eligible to take advantage of enrolling in our medical benefits.
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and upload your resume at www.alliantenergy.com/careers
- Arranges appointments or self-reads for inside meters.
- Report and replace broken or missing meter seals.
- Report damage to meters and signs of tampering.
- Maintain good public relations with customers.
- Verify customer meter numbers and names.
- Explain company policies and report complaints and questions.
- Observe all metering and service installations; report irregular or hazardous conditions.
- Visually check for inoperative clocks or potential indicating devices.
- Upload and download porta-processors for information transfer.
- Complete final read requests for customers and conduct postings.
- Read load research meters using hand held devices such with a probe (no lap tops).
- May change cartridges in residential/commercial meters.
- Check and record meter readings sent in by customers and estimate use when readings are not available.
- Participates in safety meetings.
- May read meters inside substations or near energized facilities (when properly trained).
- Performs other duties which are similar, related, or incidental to this position.
- Report to work fit for duty and free from the affects of drugs and alcohol.
- This is a temporary position that is anticipated to last approximately 6 to 12 months months in duration
- This position will be filled in Ames, IA.
- Ability to work in various outdoor weather conditions (i.e. summer heat, winter blizzards, rain, etc.)
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to accurately read and record approximately 500 meters a day
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Hours are M-F, 7:00am-3:30pm with the ability to work beyond these hours as needed
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.