Chamber members are encouraged to post their events on our calendar. Please follow the steps below to submit your event:
1. Go to the member login page (http://business.masoncityia.com/login) and type in your username and password (Contact the Chamber (http://masoncityia.com/index.php/contacts/) if you need your login information)
2. Once logged in, click on the "Events" icon at the top of the page.
3. To create a new event, click the blue “Add Event” button in the right-hand corner.
4. Fill out all necessary event information and click "Submit for Approval"
Afternoon with Authors at Fat Hill Brewing
Please join us for a cozy afternoon with local authors! Five local writers will be joining us from 2pm to 5pm to mingle, drink beer, sign, and sell their books. Book lovers and aspiring writers are especially encouraged to attend. Please help us support local authors and come say hello!
There are four main parts to our Afternoon with Authors:
1. These authors will be in attendance, signing/selling books
Sherrie Hansen from St. Ansgar - writes historicals/romance
Tony Wirt from Lake Mills (originally) - writes thrillers
Peggy Bang from Mason City - writes about local architecture
Bartenn Mills from Forest City - writes mysteries
Kellina Kilts from Mason City - writes fantasy/romance
2. There will be a giant table of FREE books. Your donations of gently used books are welcome for this table, if you have books to get rid of. Anyone is welcome to as many books as they like. Any leftovers will be donated to libraries or other non-profits that request them.
3. A chance at a book shopping spree! Our partner for this event is our local bookseller, Book World of Mason City, located in Southbridge Mall. They donated two gift certificates we'll raffle off! (No charge or purchase necessary to participate in the raffle.)
4. Book club and writer's group sign-up sheets and info. At FHB, we have a monthly book club and we're thinking of starting a writer's group, too! We're also looking for feedback on what other bookish events you'd like to see.
Not a fan of beer or cider? That's ok! Don't feel pressured to purchase anything in order to attend the event.
As usual, this is a 21+ event.
Also, please don't forget about the North Iowa Book Bash on April 8th! They'll have LOTS of authors at that event, and they'll all be different than the ones at the FHB event, so any book lover should plan to attend both.
Are you a local author and not on our list? Due to limited space, we've kept our guest authors for this event at a strict five. If the event goes well, though, we'd love to do the same event again in the fall with a different set of authors. If you're interested in being involved in that event or similar events, please email email@example.com.